The last three names of the 4th Batavia Tournament have been disclosed. Seven players had already accepted their participation. Among the last three names, we find the strongest player in the field: GM Sipke Ernst. The other two names are Achim Illner (Germany) and Thibaut Vandenbussche (Belgium). Here is the full list:
- GM Sipke Ernst (The Netherlands, 2606)
- GM Robin van Kampen (The Netherlands, 2566)
- GM Mark Hebden (England, 2516)
- GM Keith Arkell (England, 2429)
- IM Manuel Bosboom (The Netherlands, 2394)
- FM David Klein (The Netherlands, 2391)
- FM Achim Illner (Germany, 2375)
- FM Thibaut Vandenbussche (Belgium, 2359)
- FM Hugo ten Hertog (The Netherlands, 2356)
- FM Richard Vedder (The Netherlands, 2293)
Average rating = 2429, Category 8
The 4th Batavia chess tournament will take place Friday, February 24th – Sunday, March 4th, 2012 in Cafe Batavia, Amsterdam. The games will start each day at 14:00 hrs The rest day is on Wednesday, February 29th.
Prize fund: 1st € 1000, 2nd € 500, 3rd € 300, 4th € 200.